Friday, June 12, 2009

skull, Nanami and shameless self promotion

For those of you who have been wanting to know, we finished the skull entry for the exhibit and silent auction at the tattoo convention in Toronto this comming week end. It ended up bing a colaberation of the entire shop. Mostly being done by Al Hartshorn and myself but every one added their two cents to it too. I think it turned out, well.......interesting!! LOL

I will let you know how he does in the auction:)

I sure learned alot from this project!! It is a life size skull and we used bike sprockets, watch and clock parts, springs, hoses, air dry clay, polymer clay, spray foam insulation, wood, screws, hot glue,wire , poly wrap stuff, spray paint, and an airbrush.....hmmmm, wonder if I forgot anything?? LOL

How is that for mixed media??












































The amazing Zan over at http://wildatheartart.blogspot.com/ is hosting an under the sea swap. There are soooo many wonderful artist participating in the even I am really happy to be a part of it:) Luck me, my swap partner is Sheri from http://ostrichgirl5.blogspot.com/ I just love love love her work and am soooo excited to see mine finished and get her into my grubby little paws!!



This is what I made for her.



My Name is Nanami
Which means Seven Seas.
My Father he is and octopus
My Mother is Japanese.
one more thing I just wanted to add....it is shameless self promotion but hey.....I am jsut trying like all of us to get out there!!
Over on our DAG (The Dark Artist Guild) blog Marzel was kind enough to interview me:) If you are interested in reading it and seeing some of my dolls you can visit http://darkartistsguild.blogspot.com/2009/06/dag-artist-interview-jacqui-of-odd.html
After you read mine and you are still hungrey for inspiration please read the other interview of my ever so talented team mates!! Get ready to feast your eyes on some incredibly awesome and dark art!!
Thanks to all of you who read through is whole post, it was a big one for me:)
Hope you enjoyed it!
HUGZ to ll my blogland friend, I can't imagin my life now with out you all in it:)

13 comments:

essie said...

Wow that skull is awesome!!!!!!!!!!
what a perfect teamwork you guys did.
And your sea swap is also very beautiful what a great idea.
I'm gonna send you a pm through DAG now because Clarice arrived and I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy!

Hugs,
Es

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Thanks Es, yes the skull is unusal, that is for sure!! It is always strange working with other artist on the same project as you all have a slightly different vision but all in all I think it turned out pretty good:)
Nanami was alot of fun to make and I do hope Sheri likes her:)
I am happy Clarice finally arrived!! And that you love her:)
She was safe when she got there?

HUGZ
Jacqui

Zan Asha said...

Whooo girlie! That skull is the bestest! Sounds like alot of work and materials--amazing! I think it's good enough for special effects in movies--you should seriously do that, Jacqui :)

You KNOW I love Nanami! Can I use these newer pics for the blog parade of the Sea swap? Let me know!

Hugs!
Zan

Unknown said...

Jacqui...

The skull is amazing!!! And Nanami is incredible...So creative..
Smiles,
Sonia ;)

3rdEyeMuse said...

where to begin?!? ... ok, skull collaboration, first ... WOW! It really is INCREDIBLE and I am certain it will do really well in the auction ... three cheers for the lucky kids!!

and your Nanami ... I imagine Sheri is going to do back flips (even if she's never done one before) when she gets her ... I know that I would - fantastic!!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Thanks Michelle:) I do hope it brings in a fair amount for the kids:) I am curious as to what it does bring??
LOL you are funny...I hope she video tapes her back flips and put them on you tube!!

Zan...Thanks alot I will pass the praise along to the others on the skull project:)

Please feel free to use these pictures or if you like I can send you some others. I have some with a grey or white background too.

Sonia, you kind words are so sweet and I appreciate them a great deal. Makes me feel are warm and fuzzy inside:)

HUGZ
Jacqui




HUGZ
Jacqui

Coach Z said...

Your skullpture came out fabulous!!! I love the dichotomy of biomechanical art!!!

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

HOLY CROW BATMAN...would you just check out this skull man..Jacqui, this is freaking amazing! I'm sure he will be the leader at the auction. Please let us know how you and the Skull made out! Fantastic job...WHOOOOHOOOO
Cheers

Sue said...

Jacqui, the skull is FANTASTIC!!! What a fabulous piece!

I'm really liking the creativity of your sea swap piece too - the little umbrella is the perfect touch for her!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Thanks Marie, I love bio and steampnk and tried to mix the two?? I just hope it does well in the auction. Or more important I hope it made it to Toronto in one piece!!

Michelle you always say all the right things:) I will for sure let you know how the week end went:) I am pretty excited about it. I might even sneak a few dolls in there. Nanami would have done well at the tattoo convention, tottooers like Geishas.

thank you Sue:) we are all quite pleased with how the skull project finished. I cant't wait to see all the others.
For Nanami I originally wanted to do a fan but was having a fad time making one I was happy with, then it cam to me that an umbrella might be better anyway so that is what she got and I think I like it better:) I do hope sheri likes her:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Hey baby...I left you a gift on my Blog...WHOOOHOOO Enjoy sweet thing!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome skull! Love your creature, she has a cool and interesting twist to her.

Flora said...

Wow,Both pieces skull and octopus are to fabulous for words!!!
blessings,flora