Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back from the show:)


Well we are back from the show, Had a Great TIME!! We are all tired and back to work today but every one was busy, lots of tattoos to be done and we all got new tattoos too!! Jay and I got a small swallow on or HANDS!! yes on the hand. Jay got his on his right hand and I got mine on my left, when we hold hands now our swallows and kiss:) We also have these swallows that fly in our house all the time. If we leave our deck door open, they fly in, fly around our kitchen and living room and fly back out again!! I guess we have crossed over the line now, no turning back......we are now officially part of the tattoo world!! Sailor Jerry Swallow did our tattoos for us. He is an old school tattooer from the 50's and it was really cool to have a tattoo done by an old school boy. A part of our history:)
Jay tattoo machines were a BIG hit too!! I was sooooo happy for him:) People were looking for them that bought them last year and sending people to get them!! I guess we are going to have to start doing the convention circuit like the new age carnies:) LOL

Our skull we made did really well. it finished in the top 4 or 5 out of 40. If you would like to see all the finished skull you can check them out here. http://tattoos.com/nix/skulls/index.html

scroll down to see them.

Well back to my dolls, this was a fun weekend but really cut into my doll making so I am happy to be back on track.

I will have updates and WIP coming soon:)

Hope you all had a great weekend, I have some catching up to do so gotta go for now:)


HUGZ

JAcqui

13 comments:

Zan Asha said...

WOW Jacqui! I love the new tattoo! Haha, and the swallows kissing thing, too cute! Yes, it looks like you are surrounded by swallows! :)

It looks like you had a great time at the convention!

essie said...

Great tattoos!
I so envy you, I developed a worse ppd allergy so no full back Tattoo f and no black hair for me anymore(I hate this grrr)
Nice to hear you had such a great time and the skull made it to the top 4, congrats.

Hugs,
Es

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see your post Jacqui!!!
I love the idea of your sparrows kissing : )

Yes back to dolls!!!

If I ever visit (which I hope I can) I want to get another tattoo from you!
Pattee

Sue said...

Jacqui, your tattoo is so cool and I love how you and Jay have it so that your swallows kiss! Too cute!

Congrats on your skull - it was fun to look at all the entries.

Debb said...

ongrats on your skull are gping over and look at it. Never had a tatto mu daughter and son does . To scared to get one guess i'm a big baby.

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Thanks Zan:) I thought them kissing was really sweet, I guess after 15 years he still has "it" LOL
We did have a great time!!

Odddollz by Jacqui said...

Essie, What is a ppd allergy?? What ever it is......I DO NOT want it!! If it means no more tattoos:(
We did have a nice time and we sold 3 times the machines we did last year!! YIPPEE for Jay:)
His machines are to him what my dolls are to me:)
We were very pleased and surprised we were in the top 4 for the skulls too!!!

Maybe next year we will go to the convention in Amsterdam and I can meet you:)

HUGZ
Jacqui

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

A HUGE CONGRATS JACQUI...I wish I could've been there with you! Okay, you are so giving me a tat...LOL Welcome back home and I'm sure you have found your muse...Can't wait to see what she has cooking! Miss you...pssstt...I left you something on my blog...which you deserve!
Cheers

essie said...

I saw a few very nice skulls, wow.
A ppd allergy is caused by a chemical called paraphenylenediamine (PPD) which is mixed in blue, black and brown dye/ink.

3rdEyeMuse said...

love the kissing swallows. :)

welcome home & big congratulations in such a wonderful trip/event.

Unknown said...

yay! New tattoos, thats so sweet with Jay getting one to kiss yours :) Whatch workin' on? huh? huh? huh? How's that *gasp* Ellen doll, ripped out your hair yet? Is your muse back?
Hope all is well :)
Kamila

Coach Z said...

It sounds like you have fun!!! I wanted to invite you over to my blog for a tea party and giveaways this weekend. I hope you can make it!!

Lenae May said...

Wonderful dolls!
Lenae